Saturday 14 March 2009

Van found in Wales...MFI style!






















I shuffled off to the Welsh Hills yesterday, to collect a Van...or bits of a van that I was contacted about. Beautiful rolling Hills, stunning scenery, and a flatpack van!
The van started life as a Milk delivery truck, then a farmer bought it to keep his birthing Sheep in to keep them safe from Foxes (so still a delivery van I suppose?...Thanks Roly!)
There was VERY little left of it, it had been robbed whilst in the Woods, the Farmer had used the Engine Gearbox in a A60 and Rear Brake Drums in a Morris Oxford.
The front part of the Chassis (fell apart whilst the Farmer moved it) was really not worth saving,and to be honest, if I had tied it to my trailer,then I think that I would not have finished the journey with as much (wrong word) as I had started, BUT there was a current V5 and some usefull goodies.

1 comment:

  1. I was kinda bemused by the photos until the last one. It looked like some poor creature that had been mortally wounded and died on its back, with all fours pointed skyward.

    ReplyDelete